8 October 2010

The start of something new

After sending out many (unanswered) emails and bringing around many resumes (Canadian CV) to many stores, coffeeshops and even bars in many areas of the city... I had my first successful job interview two days ago! So good that I can come for 3 training days next week! I'm not officially hired but there are 3 positions so I hope for the best! It's a kind of "world store" with clothes, accessories and gifts like candles, cushions and house "prularia" (my dad's word for unorganised and in his eyes useless stuff). The owner was really friendly so I'm going to work my ass off next week!!

For the rest, I've had a good first month! Tom kidnapped me to Tofino (the most beautiful oceanside town on Vancouver Island) for my birthday, which was really really great! I had no idea! We spent lots of time on the beaches and relaxing in our great apartment with a nice view and a fireplace :)!


After a rainy start, there were a lot of nice and sunny days in Vancouver which I spent on the beaches around the city and biking around with my French friend Alexandra. Also went to Jamie Lidell's concert last Monday with Bibi! It was very funky! And upcoming Tuesday Tom and I are going to see Angus and Julia Stone <3!
Monday it will also be Canadian Thanksgiving and we're going to a real "turkey dinner".. or just a veggie version of it for me..haha! And the time has come to start hunting down a halloween costume! Jup I'm embracing the North American culture all the way!

2 comments:

  1. Haai dear,

    wat heerlijk dat je het zo naar je zin hebt! Lekker enjoying life and nature, zoals ik lees en zie op de foto's! Ben onwijs jaloers, want dat zou ik ook wel zo willen! Helaas moet ik nog eerst even een paar jaar heel hard werken voordat ik lekker kan reizen en chillen. Studie is leuk, nieuwe, lastig en soms erg saai, maar vooral heel veel werken! Bluh! Ik kan niet wachten tot ik vakantie heb! Rogier en ik gaan naar Brugge in de kerst! Lekker 3 nachtjes, vet chill!Daar zijn allemaal kerst marktjes. Dus dat wordt goed shoppen voor de kerst. Wat leuk dat jullie sinterklaas gaan vieren! En pepernoten! Hoe om je daar aan? Ook te vinden in die nederlandse winkel? NICE!
    Geniet van je nieuwe leventje en we MOETEN echt skypen binnenkort! Groetjes aan Tom, dikke kus en knuffel, Mientje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoi Moppie,
    Je bent onvindbaar op skype (wegens werk, stappen, fietsen, shoppen, knuffelen en/of slapen neem ik aan)en daarom extra fijn om je blog te zien. Fijn dat het lekker gaat.
    Maak in ieens een paar foto's van die amazing winkel van je. Dan kunnen we meegenieten.
    Hoe is het om de hele dag professioneel aardig te zijn. Heb je buiten werktijd nog wat aardigheid over, of blijf je gewoon constant glimlachen (is het niet meer af te wassen als het ware), of is je smile na 6 uur helemaal opgebruikt?

    Ik ben vol bewondering voor je nieuwe 'vintage' fiets. Nog ouder dan mijn antieke Gazelle. Ik schat haar op het oog op een jaar of 40.

    Hier is het een beetje rustig na de storm. Erg kaal nu zusje en broertje allebei ver weg zijn. Gelukkig is er nog wel techniek om een beetje op de hoogte te blijven, maar stuur nog eens een gezellige mail met Tessa dingetjes.

    Ik blijf proberen je te skypen. Moet een keertje lukken binnenkort.

    Heel veel liefs, ook van Marjolein. P

    ReplyDelete