All is finally in place: I got a great job, enough free time but not too much to get bored, a nice boss and co-workers, (more) money to spend, some great new friends and old friends visiting, and of course a nice (and mostly warm) house in a nice neighbourhood and with the best boyfriend :). Oh and it’s all in one of the prettiest and most fun cities I’ve ever been!
After my last post, I experienced my first north American Halloween and carved my own pumpkin! A lot of the houses were decorated and some people went all overboard and made a whole graveyard in their garden! It was so cute to see all the kids and even the parents dressed up :) and ofcourse those in between also got their costumes out to party! Together with some friends, I went to a party in Tom’s bar where the theme was Jack the Ripper’s dark London. I was very happy to see that the amount of “sexy” witches and police women was less than I had expected. Some image created by all those crappy American teenager movies I guess.. And here is what we (me, Bibi, Liz, Sabrina and Genna) looked like:
The first snow started to fall on the mountains some weeks ago and this weekend it’s even supposed to snow in the city! Which is a big deal as that usually only happens once a year… but this year is promising to be a good one! Some news articles say it will be “the coldest winter since 1955” due to a cold La Nina weather pattern and people are warned and instructed to prepare themselves.. haha! The local mountain resorts will be opening within the next days/week! So I better get my snowboard waxed soon and start saving up for the very expensive lift tickets! Yesterday I already got a good winter preview went I went to Whistler with Maria (a German friend from my exchange in Finland) and her cousin, who also lives in Vancouver. The village was all white and it I experienced the first snow flakes falling on
me since January! You can imagine my excitement ;)! And we saw a bear that was easily making its way up on one of the slopes, after being chased out of the village by a dog! Driving through the forests and mountains and seeing a bear really made realize again how wild and amazing this province is! And how great it is to live in a 2-million city and still have all this wilderness so close by!
Hee Tessie!
ReplyDeleteWat onwijs chill dat het daar al winter wordt! ik hou van winter! en wat gaaf van die beer. gelukkig dat de honden hem wegjagen,want die wil je niet per ongeluk tegen komen onderweg als het de beer even niet uit komt...
Fijn dat je het zo naar je zin hebt. Nice outfit by the way voor je party;)Weet je toevallig ook enigszins wanneer je weer deze kant op komt? Of wordt dat pas weer in de zomervakantie? Of Komen je ouders nog die kant op? Hoe is het trouwens met je broertje? Want dit zit toch ook aan de andere kant van de wereld? Hoop dat we binnenkort snel ff een skype date kunnen houden!
Dikke Kus!
p.s. jammer dat je niet op mn feestje kunt komen, maar er zullen vast wel foto's verschijnen op facebook oid;)
hoi Tessa,
ReplyDeletehoe gaat het met je Tessa? Heb je het leuk? Ga je vaak naar de bergen? Ik hoop het wel (zegt Sofie), maar de brief is van benjamin. En dan ook nog groetjes van benjamin (en Sofie).
Wij vinden het stoer dat je een beer hebt gezien.
Stuur je nog eens een kaartje?
heel veel groetjes en kusjes van Sofie en Benjamin